Philip Johnson has been a software developer for over 33 years and has been involved with Abraquest since 2005. He is the director of Spherical Software Limited (www.sphericalsoftware.com), the company that owns Abraquest.
Important Message re: your Abraquest Backups
Abraquest Software Assurance and Abraquest Automated Backup offer you a range of benefits, including keeping your data safe in the event of a PC failure. If you haven't renewed these, at the very least please ensure that you have your data backed up safely.
We have offered 6 months free Abraquest Software Assurance and Abraquest Automated Backup to all new and existing customers.
We aim to offer the best service possible and put as much into both as possible while keeping the price constant (anything that involves additional cost is offered as an option).
Abraquest Software Assurance includes:-
- Telephone and Email help and advice during office hours and a telephone answering service outside office hours.
- Free updates to Abraquest ensuring your version is kept up to date with all the latest features and also operating system support.
- 10% discount on all purchases of labels etc.
- 500 large or 1000 small labels free per year.
- Access to Abraquest online so when adding books you don't have to type all the details.
- Other things will be coming soon such as Abraquest branded gifts, mice, mousemats, etc. one free per library per year. These will be announced on this website in due course.
- All this for £149.95 + VAT per year, with discounts available for multi-year purchases.
- Full information at https://www.abraquest.co.uk/features/abraquest-software-assurance/
Abraquest Automated Backup includes:-
- Enabling the backup question when Abraquest is exited to backup to a secure online cloud. This protects you for PC failure or theft for example, where you would have to re-enter all your books and could have lost your borrowing history if you didn't have a recent backup.
- Data retained for up to 5 years.
- Restore at any time.
- Warning message if you haven't backed up in the past week.
- Full information at: https://www.abraquest.co.uk/features/abraquest-automated-backup/
So getting to the main point of this post, if you haven't renewed then please ensure that you have adequate backups in place. This typically involves backing up to a memory stick or network drive, NOT the existing PC, because if that PC fails or is lost then you lose your backup as well as the Abraquest data if the backups are on the PC.
Alternatively if you do wish to renew your Abraquest Software Assurance, there is no additional charge currently to get your system updated to the latest version of Abraquest. This could well change at some point in the near future.